Uses of sulphuric acid.
Sulphuric acid is the king of chemicals. It is used in almost all the industries. Industrial development of a country can be best estimated from the annual consumption of H2SO4. In other words it is a barometer of industries.
Some of its important uses are as follows.
- In the manufacture of fertilizer like (NH4)2 SO4.
- In the manufacture of phosphate fertilizer like calcium super phosphate.
- In the refining of petroleum to remove the sulphur and nitrate compounds.
- In the manufacture of HCI, H3PO4 and HNO3. These three are very important mineral acids.
- For the commercial preparation of sulphates.
- H2SO4 is used in the manufacture of
- Many chemicals.
- synthetic fibres
- In electrical batteries and storage cells.
- As a dehydrating reagent and for drying the gases.
- As a important laboratory reagent.
- In the following industries.
- leather industry
- paper industry
Structure of sulphuric acid.