Proteins questions and answers.
The article in your hand Questions and answers about proteins primarily meant for graduate and postgraduate students of Chemistry with the intention that they could show better performance during various competitive examinations and interviews held for Civil and Military Services. At the same time it is equally useful for those who desire to be well informed in various disciplines of chemistry.
Q1. What are proteins?
Q2. How peptide bond is formed?
Q3. What is nature of peptide bond?
Q4. What is total number of amino acids found?
Q5. What are major functions of proteins?
- They are fundamental components of all enzymes and some of hormones.
- They are structural units of skin, bone & cytoskeleton.
- The dietry proteins are important energy sources of body.
- Immune defense system is composed of proteins.
Q6. What is composition of amino acids?
Q7. What is acid hydrolysis product of protein?
Q8. On what factors the type of protein depends?
Q9. Write down the type of proteins on the basis of structure?
Q10. Give distinguishing features of each type of structure?
Q11. What are major classes of proteins on the basis of functions?
- Structural proteins (Collagen)
- Storage proteins (Ferritin)
- Contractile proteins (Myosin)
- Allyl Enzymes
- Protective proteins (Fibrinogen)
- Transport proteins (Haemoglobin)
- Growth hormones
Q.12 What are derived proteins?
Q13. Write down at least two examples of oxygen-transporting proteins.